Are you skilled at shaping digital marketing strategy? Have experience working with clients, managing marketing campaigns, and tackling creative challenges? Useful Group is looking to add an Account Manager to our marketing team.
This is a unique opportunity for short-term and long-term growth. Read on. We’d love to hear from you if this sounds like you!
Useful Group exists to make great missions more effective. We’re a team of strategists, creatives, and problem solvers serving organizations and individuals committed to making the world a better place. We specialize in strategy, branding, marketing, web development, and creative production. Learn more at UsefulGroup.com.
Our clientele represent a range of industries, backgrounds, and ideologies, including some Christian ministries and non-profits. While occasional exceptions can be made, applicants should be comfortable working with clients who may or may not share your same beliefs.
Although specific responsibilities can change in a dynamic agency environment, this is how we’re envisioning this role at a high-level:
- Serving as project leader / client manager (primary POC) for a portfolio of clients.
- Developing paid media strategy and marketing funnels for your portfolio of projects.
- Implementing, managing, and reporting on digital advertising campaigns across channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, SEM, etc.)
- Overseeing external contractors managing campaigns when applicable
- Consulting on integrated marketing opportunities across unpaid channels (e.g. web, email, social media, etc.)
- Learning and adapting with the ever-changing digital landscape (platforms, strategies, tactics, best practices, etc.)
- Supporting Useful Group as needed in (a) supporting business sales process as subject matter expert (SME), (b) contributing to proposals / strategy documents as SME, (c) sharing knowledge with junior colleagues in marketing proficiencies
Skills & Culture
In addition to the role-specific expertise around paid media / digital advertising, the person in this role must be able to adapt in an ever-changing landscape. They’re able to think proactively and place the benefit of the team ahead of their own convenience. They take initiative to solve problems and work on ambiguous or novel problems with minimal direction. They can keep things moving under pressure and on tight deadlines.
Candidates should value feedback and be eager to continually learn and develop skills. The person in this role must share Useful Group’s mission and values and be comfortable working with diverse people regardless of gender, race, political affiliation, faith, or culture.
- Team Player: This person will work with leaders and team members across our organization. They need to be able to collaborate well across personalities, maintaining a supportive, positive spirit and not complaining or making excuses.
- Agency Knowledge: While experience in every aspect of the job is not required, the person in this role should have an understanding of the inner workings and complexities of the agency environment, as well as a fluency in the subject matter common to marketing / web agencies. This experience will reduce onboarding time and facilitate faster integration into Useful Group.
- Quality Communication: The person in this role needs to be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing the details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, video calls, Basecamp messages, text messages and/or emails.
- Software / App Proficiency: The person in this role needs to be (or become) an expert in Basecamp for project and task management and the Google Workspace suite of resources (Calendar, Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets). Other apps commonly used at Useful Group include Toggl for time tracking, Microsoft Suite of resources (for some clients), Ads Manager, and Agency Analytics.
- Discretion: Since this role will work regularly with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding business and financial information is essential.
Useful Group offers …
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance plans available for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Work from anywhere
- The prioritization of healthy work-life balance
- Project timelines that take your capacity and capabilities into account
- Work with a wide range of clients in various industries