We’re looking for our next summer intern to collaborate on creative marketing strategy, digital advertising / social media management, Amazon A+ page content, and more for a range of clients. The intern selected will learn alongside our team of marketers, designers, developers, and project managers.
While the exact dates depend on availability, this internship starts the beginning of June and runs through the end of August (unless extended), is “work from anywhere” (est. 25-30 hours/week) and will be compensated with a monthly stipend.
Useful Group is a team of strategists, creatives, and problem-solvers helping great missions be more effective. We work with organizations and individuals in branding, marketing, website development, and other endeavors. Learn more at UsefulGroup.com.
This internship will report to one of our digital marketing strategists and could include:
- Supporting the marketing team in daily tasks
- Assisting with the planning and execution of social media content calendar(s)
- Collaborating on creative marketing and communication strategies and ideas
- Writing and organizing internal documentation on client work such as proposals, creative briefs or other content
- Drafting emails, ads, and other content for clients
- Assisting the marketing team with ad campaign creation, events, reporting, and other assorted tasks
- Finding and facilitating podcast ad purchases or social media influencer initiatives
- Building and delivering marketing campaign reports
- Performing market research for clients and internal campaigns
- Building Amazon A+ pages
While not required, it’s helpful to have experience with:
- Various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and/or Twitter)
- Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) or something similar
- Video conference software like Zoom.
To succeed in this internship, it’s essential for you to:
- Ask questions: Digital marketing is always changing and evolving. We’re always learning, so we don’t expect you to know everything. But we do expect questions, and we encourage you to ask them!
- Confidently express ideas: We think your ideas are worth sharing and worth hearing, but it’s important you think that too.
- Work well in collaborative environments: We do a lot of our work together as a team and with clients; bouncing ideas off each other, sharing tips to do our jobs better, and proofing and editing each other’s work. So, it’s crucial you know how to work with respect and kindness toward others.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner: Deadlines are a major part of working at an agency. All of our projects have them and all of our clients expect us to meet them. Because of this, it’s good to know how to prioritize your tasks.
- Look for ways to support others: At Useful Group we want to be–wait for it–useful. We want to make things better and serve others well, whether they’re strangers, colleagues, or clients. That’s the heartbeat behind everything we do. If you share that vision, then you’ll be a good fit here.
Good work doesn’t have to come at the expense of a good time. We have a lot of fun at Useful Group and we think it helps us do our jobs better. If all this sounds like you, we hope you’ll throw in your application!