The Bookkeeper reports to Useful Group’s CEO and is responsible for managerial accounting for Useful Group. They are responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit card / expense management, and managing the week-to-week, month-to-month, quarter-to-quarter, and year-end categorization and allocation of all financial transactions.
Utilizing QuickBooks, Excel, etc., the Bookkeeper prepares regular financial reports and ad hoc reports as needed. They perform regular QuickBooks adjustments on A/R, A/P, and Revenue accounts to allow for regular financial reporting for Useful Group’s leadership team. The Bookkeeper is responsible for handling all invoicing matters for client billings.
This is anticipated to be a part-time position at approximately 15 hours per week (working from anywhere).
Useful Group is a team of strategists, creatives, and problem-solvers helping great missions be more effective. Our 20+ team members (spread across several states) work with organizations and individuals in marketing, branding, web development, and other creative endeavors. Learn more at UsefulGroup.com.
- Record financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Make discretionary and obligatory daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. adjustments to all QuickBooks accounts / categories.
- Collect and enter data, maintain records, and create reports in QuickBooks platform.
- Process and categorize accounts receivables in a timely manner, including managing the monthly billing / invoice process for all client matters.
- Process and categorize accounts payables in a timely manner.
- Perform expense / credit card reconciliations and make account adjustments in a timely manner.
- Perform daily financial entries, adjustments, and reconciliations as needed utilizing GAAP best practices.
- Generate updated financial reports, including snapshot or ad hoc financial reports, a/r aging reports, income statements, and other financial reports in QuickBooks platform.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills (with the ability to meet deadlines)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- GAAP competency
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Solid understanding of basic account categorization and posting principles for a service-based business accounting model
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Fluency in QuickBooks, Google Suite, and spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Proficient with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and reconciliation activities
- Ability to communicate complex data in a clear and consistent manner
- Proactive financial problem-solving skills
- Monitors deadlines and provides clear notice if delivery dates are in jeopardy
- Looks for roadblocks and friction points, working with leaders to solve issues in advance
- Keeps all records organized in a manner compliant with local, state, and federal requirements